Gold Ray Dam, Rogue River - circa 1912

$25.00

Gold Ray Dam, Rogue River - Kunselman & Gerking

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

The original for this view is a larger print made by Kunselman and Gerking of Klamath Falls, looking across the Gold Ray Dam, which had been built in 1904. Kunselman and Gerking produced some of the highest quality photographs of Oregon landscapes, but only stayed together as partners for about a year.

The Gold Ray Dam was originally built to provide power to a gold mine near Gold Hill. It produced the first hydroelectric power in southwest Oregon. In 2010 it was removed, and now the Rogue River flows freely from Lost Creek to the Pacific Ocean. Note the fish ladder in detail view 1.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA1249
Photographer Kunselman and Gerking
Location Jackson County
Subject Rivers and Streams, Water and Power Projects
Decade 1910s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Larger Print
Size of Original 7.4 x 9.4 inches
Photographer's Number Number 1048