Glen Oaks Orphanage, Salem - c. 1890

$25.00

Glen Oaks Orphanage, Salem - Mulit

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

This image by Henry Mulit of Salem shows a group of children standing outside of the imposing Glen Oaks Orphanage. Built in 1887 as the second home of the orphanage, the building then became the second home of the Salem Hospital in 1900. The orphanage was originally opened in 1869 on a parcel of land across from what would eventually become the Oregon Insane Asylum. The orphanage closed in 1898 after the legislature failed to provide sufficient funding. Homes were found for as many children as possible, and the remainder were sent to Portland's Gardiner Home. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0700
Photographer Henry S. Mulit
Location Salem, Marion County
Subject Buildings
Decade 1890s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Boudoir Card
Size of Original 4.3 x 6.7 inches
Photographer's Number No