George Law Curry House, Front View - 1934

$25.00

George Law Curry House, Front View - HABS

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

John Scheurer built this house near what is now Wilsonville for George Law Curry and his wife Chloe in 1858. Some parts for the house were made in Boston and shipped around Cape Horn to what was still at that time Oregon Territory. A two-story frame house with an attached summer kitchen, the structure was originally supported on cedar posts. It included hand-wrought mantles and a parlor fireplace. This photo was taken in 1934 by the Historic American Buildings Survey, when the house was about 75 years old. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0250
Photographer Historic American Buildings Survey
103 Clackamas County
Subject Houses
Decade 1930s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Larger Print
Size of Original 5.4 x 7.8 inches
Photographer's Number Number HABS ORE.3-WILSO.V.1-1