Flume for Cazadero Powerhouse - 1910

$25.00

Flume for Cazadero Powerhouse - Reck

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

The Cazadero flume was completed in 1907, built from wood to bring water from the Cazadero Dam on the Clackamas river to Faraday Lake, which then powered the Cazadero powerhouse. The purpose of the flume and lake was to increase water pressure by bringing water downstream at less of a slope than the river, seen to the right, thus increasing the head used for power generation. The original photo was taken by Albert Reck, a motorman on Oregon trolleys who was also a talented amateur photographer. A collection of his work now resides at the University of Oregon. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0531
Photographer Albert A. Reck
103 Clackamas County
Subject Rivers and Streams
Decade 1910s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Stereoview Panel
Size of Original 3.1 x 3.1 inches
Photographer's Number No