Cloud Cap Inn and Mt. Hood - c. 1895

$25.00

Cloud Cap Inn and Mt. Hood

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

Opened in 1889, Cloud Cap Inn was built on the north side of Mt. Hood at the 6,000 foot level - about the same elevation as today's Timberline Lodge. It was financed by William Ladd, a Portland banker, and C.E.S. Wood, a Portland attorney, and designed by the same architect who designed the Forestry Building in 1905. Prior to building the inn, Ladd and Wood bought the road and created the Mt. Hood Stage Company to access the Inn. The first automobile did not arrive until 1907.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0799
Photographer Unknown
103 Mount Hood, Clackamas County
Subject Hotels, Mountains
Decade 1890s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Medium-size Print
Size of Original 4.6 x 6.7 inches
Photographer's Number No