Photographer S. P. Davis has captured some wonderful abstract patterns while documenting the construction of West Linn's first reservoir in about 1915. While internal combustion engines have arrived, as shown by the car in the upper right, the workers were still using a horse-drawn grader, as shown in detail view 2. Almost one hundred years later, the Bolton reservoir now needs some serious maintenance, but will likely continue to serve the community for some time into the future. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.
|Photographer||S. P. Davis|
|Location||West Linn, Clackamas County|
|Subject||Construction, Lakes and Reservoirs, Water and Power Projects|
|Print Maker||Old Oregon|
|Original Type||Larger Print|
|Size of Original||6.0 x 8.0 inches|