Building Station B Electric Plant at Willamette Falls - 1895

$30.00

Building Station B Electric Plant at Willamette Falls

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

The concrete foundation for the new Station B Electric Plant on the west bank at the Falls is in progress in this unusual view of its initial construction. At the time, electricity was already being generated by Station A on the Oregon City side, and was being carried to Portland - the first long-distance transmission of electricity in the country.

Station B was larger and more resistant to flooding, and indeed is still in operation today, now know as the T. W. Sullivan Plant, after its designer.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon. Original courtesy of the Clackamas County Historical Society.

Additional Information

Item Number CC0105
Photographer Unknown
Location Oregon City, West Linn, Willamette Falls, Clackamas County
Subject Construction, Mills and Factory Buildings, Water and Power Projects, Waterfalls
Decade 1890s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Copy Negative
Size of Original 1.1 x 2.6 inches
Photographer's Number No