Branch Electric Railway Line to Moehnke's Mill - 1900s

$25.00

Branch Electric Railway Line to Moehnke's Mill

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

This lumber car was part of a branch electric railway line from Willamette Falls along the river to Moehnke's Mill, two miles upstream. The boy on the car is Howard Moehnke. Moehnke's Mill operated from 1898 to 1918, and supplied much of the lumber for homes built in Willamette, now part of West Linn. The Portland Eugene & Eastern Company, whose lines were called "The Red Electric", ran a number of small electric railways, including the Lake Oswego to Portland line that is once again in operation. Its tracks on the west side of the Willamette were acquired by Southern Pacific in the mid-teens. Note the other local electric railroad - the Willamette Falls Railway, or Willamette Trolley, running along the hill in the background. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0112
Photographer Unknown
103 West Linn, Clackamas County
Subject Trains, Railroads, Streetcars
Decade 1900s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Snapshot
Size of Original 2.3 x 4.2 inches
Photographer's Number No