Boones Ferry, near Wilsonville - c. 1908

$25.00

Boones Ferry - Patton Postcards

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

This tranquil view shows the old Boones Ferry, near Wilsonville. It began operation in 1847, built by the family of Alphonso Boone, grandson of Daniel Boone. Their land claim was on the Salem side of the Willamette River. Initially propelled by Native American oarsmen from the Tuality tribe, the ferry was later guided by a cable. By the time this photo was taken in the early 1900s, ownership had passed to the State of Oregon. The ferry operated for over a hundred years, and was finally replaced by Boone Bridge in 1954. -- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0046
Photographer Patton Postcards
Location Willamette River, Clackamas County
Subject Ferries, Rivers and Streams
Decade 1900s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Postcard
Size of Original 3.1 x 5.4 inches
Photographer's Number No