Below Station A at Willamette Falls - 1895

$30.00

Below Station A at Willamette Falls

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

This unusual view shows Station A, the first powerhouse used for the first long-distance transmission of electrical power in the United States. Transmission lines went 14 miles, from the Falls to Portland. The image is restored and reproduced from an original glass negative, dated 1895. That was near the end of operation for Station A, as Station B, known as the Sullivan Plant, went into operation in December that year on the West Linn side of the Falls.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon from the original negative, courtesy of the Clackamas County Historical Society.

Additional Information

Item Number CC0047
Photographer Harley C. Stevens
103 Oregon City, Willamette Falls, Clackamas County
Subject Buildings, Ships and Boats, Water and Power Projects, Waterfalls
Decade 1890s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Glass Negative
Size of Original 4.7 x 6.9 inches
Photographer's Number No