1912 and 1900 School Buildings in Sisters - c. 1919

$25.00

1912 and 1900 School Buildings in Sisters

(Click to enlarge detail views. Only the full view is available for sale.)

In addition to the size options listed below, we also offer Canvas Wraps and Image Licensing.

* Required Fields

Details

The two-room schoolhouse on the right was the second school building in the town of Sisters, and was replaced in 1912 by the six-room structure on the left. Initially only two rooms in the larger structure were used for classrooms, and there were two teachers - one for first through sixth grades and the second for seventh through tenth grades. The six-room school served the town until it was replaced in 1954.

-- This photo is restored and printed by Old Oregon.

Additional Information

Item Number AA0810
Photographer Unknown
Location Sisters, Deschutes County
Subject Schools
Decade 1910s
Print Maker Old Oregon
Original Type Postcard
Size of Original 3.5 x 5.4 inches
Photographer's Number Number 4